4 Days Nairobi & Maasai Mara
The Maasai Mara Game Reserve is a compulsory sight for those looking to experience the best that Kenya has to offer, especially during the well-known Great Wildebeest Migration.
- Spectacular wildlife in the Maasai Mara
- Meet Maasai in their traditional village
- Nairobi – plenty to do in East Africa’s capital
We begin our day with a visit to the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphange. After lunch, we will head to Kibera to visit Amani Kibera’s projects including the library, the young women’s group and, if our timing is good, a football game. Amani Kibera is a community-based organisation working for harmony and peace in Nairobi’s slums. Their focus is on young people, assisting in getting girls back to school, building a library and establishing a football league.
Included meals: Lunch
After an early breakfast, drive to the world famous Maasai Mara Game Reserve arriving in time for lunch. Maasai Mara, Kenya’s greatest wildlife reserve, is without a doubt Africa’s most famous safari destination. The Maasai Mara Ecosystem is where over two million wildebeest and zebra migrate annually. It also holds one of the highest lion densities in the world, which is why it the home of the BBC wildlife channel’s Big Cat Diary. Other game includes: leopard, cheetah, buffalo, rhino, elephant, giraffe, zebra, lion, plains game, crocodile and small mammals including mongoose, hyrax, dik dik and the nocturnal porcupine. Enjoy a late afternoon game drive followed by dinner.
Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Spend a full day game driving in the Maasai Mara. The abundance and variety of game in this reserve is nothing short of amazing. Nearly every mammal can be seen in the Maasai Mara, including various antelopes, scavengers like hyena and vultures, and all the cats (lion, cheetah and leopard). Sighting a leopard needs luck more than just being there, but lions are abundant and there are excellent chances for spotting cheetah. The hippo pool is a popular spot to watch out for hippos; with luck, you may catch crocodile basking on the rocks. Elephants, buffalo, the Maasai giraffe, wildebeest and the common zebra abound. Return to the camp for dinner and overnight
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
After breakfast, head back to Nairobi, stopping for lunch en route. Enjoy a free afternoon in Nairobi with options to visit the Giraffe Centre, National Museum, Karen Blixen’s House or Kazuri Beads.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Accommodation in Lodges: US$920 per person sharing
Camping: US$595 per person sharing
Flying Package: US$1215 per person sharing
*This quote is a guide only; it is in noway binding. The final price of the tour will be quoted at the time of booking, based on individual preferences for accommodation and other inclusions/exclusions
- All accommodation
- All meals listed in the itinerary plus 2 litres of bottled water per person per day
- All transport as listed on the itineraryin a comfortable safari van with a pop-up roof fit for photography, game viewing and touring
- Service of an English-speaking professional driver/guide
- Maasai Mara Game Reserve entry fees
- Entry to David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- Contribution to Amani Kibera
- Flying doctors cover
- Travel insurance
- International flights and visas (approximately $50, to be confirmed by you for your nationality)
- Meals not listed
- Personal expenses or room charges including laundry, drinks and phone calls
- Additional optional activities
- Tips or gratuities